KML to GeoJSON – Convert. Have you extracted and downloaded kml file from Google Earth or Google map and want to render it with libraries supporting Geojson file format? Are you tired of downloading the same data in different formats? We are going to use a simplest method that is Conversion Of GIS data from one data format to another online with IGIS Map Converter without installing any GIS Software. So here is an article on How to convert KML to GeoJSON format widely used in software like MongoDB, GeoServer, CartoWeb and FeatureServer.
Online GIS Data conversion Tool – KML to GeoJSON
IGIS Map converter is an incredible tool for data file conversions. It will translate KML data which is widely used in software like Google Earth, Fusion Tables, Maps and GPS devices and convert them by one click to GeoJSON (JSON) format which is widely used in software like MongoDB, GeoServer, CartoWeb and FeatureServer. It Convert GIS / CAD files online without using complex and Enterprise Software like ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD etc. IGIS Map converter is much easier to use then any other conversion software or tool.
IGIS Map Converter also supports more other vectors and rasters GIS/CAD formats and more than 4000 coordinate reference systems. If the coordinate system of your input data is not present or not recognized correctly, it is possible to assign the correct one. IGIS Map Converter makes it possible to transform your data to any other coordinate reference system.
KML to GeoJSON – Conversion
- Go to http://www.igismap.com then login and you will see the home page of IGIS map converter.On right side click on switch to button, drop down list will open then choose converter shown in below screen
- After clicked on converter GIS Converter page will open, Now just drag or upload your KML file from your system or access the file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Once the file upload is completed, select the output file format we want to convert it into i.e. GeoJSON.
- Now for setting up the conversion process we have to set the Coordinate Reference System accordingly.
- Now We have successfully converted KML to GeoJSON, IGIS map converter allows you to download or delete your new GeoJSON file format.
- Now GeoJSON file will publish on map to the content in the file or to check the conversion.
- You can also search locations, add new datasets, edit layers and style the map according to your choice and requirements.
IGIS Map Converter Tool provides many benefits other then just conversion of data. This tool provides us to generate this published map in PDF or as image format.
Info GIS Map supports most of the commonly used GIS or AutoCAD files like Shapefile SHP, KML, KMZ, CSV, TopoJSON, GeoJSON, GML, DXF, GeoTIFF, NetCDF, GRIB, HDF5, OSM, PBF, and many more raster and vector files, along with that it support more than 4000 Coordinate Reference System.
If you face any problem during implementing this tutorial, please let us know. Feel free to comment in given comment box.