Are you looking for converting your KML data file into DXF format for using it in your GIS project or it into CAD system? Have you extracted and downloaded kml file from Google Earth or Google map and want to render it with your geo library which support dxf format? If so, here is an article to convert KML to DXF format using this amazing online conversion tool.
You can use any of the tools to convert your kml data file to any other format available in market, but If you don’t want to spend so much time just on conversions and want an easy way for conversions. Here is an amazing tool for converting your data files within a minute, i.e. IGIS Map Converter.
IGIS Map Converter
IGIS Map converter is an incredible tool for data file conversions. It will translate an AutoCAD file (in DXF format) to a shapefile or KML format. It can also convert from KML format to shapefile, or KML to DXF, or Shapefile to DXF. It Convert GIS / CAD files online without using complex and Enterprise Software like ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD etc. IGIS Map converter is much easier to use then any other conversion software or tool.
How to convert KML to DXF format
- Go to http://map.igismap.com/converter/ and you will see the home page of IGIS map converter.
- Now just drag or upload your KML file from your system or access the file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Your KML file will start uploading in seconds and ready to be converted.
- Once the file is upload is completed, select the output file format that we want to convert it into i.e. DXF.
- Now for setting up the conversion process we have to set the CRS (Coordinate reference system), if we want to or otherwise default commonly used CRS is already selected. We can select or change the CRS according to our needs from the change CRS button.
- Now click the Convert file button to convert the data file formats.
- And you see a new dashboard with two partition, One for downloading or deleting your new DXF file format. and other one which shows the file content area i.e bounding box area of kml file.
- You can Download your converted file here or delete it whatever you want, When you scroll down you can see My drive section where all of your converted data files stored. You can publish or delete them according to your requirement.
- You can also publish your DXF file as map to see the content in the file or to check the conversion.
- You can also search locations, add new datasets, edit layers and style the map according to your choice and requirements.
- IGIS Map Converter Tool provides many benefits other then just conversion of data. This tool provides us to generate this published map in PDF or as image format.
Info GIS Map supports most of the commonly used GIS or AutoCAD files like Shapefile SHP, KML, KMZ, CSV, TopoJSON, GeoJSON, GML, DXF, GeoTIFF, NetCDF, GRIB, HDF5, OSM, PBF, and many more raster and vector files, along with that it support more than 4000 Coordinate Reference System.
IGIS Map Converter is a online tool for converting GIS data files from one format to another. which helps you in easy data conversion and beautiful and incredible map creation in no time. IGIS Map converter online tool is recommended for better and easy conversions. If you want you can also use ogr2ogr offline conversion tool for convert KML to DXF format.
If you face any problem during implementing this tutorial, please let us know. Feel free to comment in given comment box.