In this post we are going to discuss that how can we convert GeoTIFF to AAIGrid data format. GeoTIFF data is used in software like BEAM and ER Mapper and AAIGrid is a file format which is mainly used in software like ESRI.
GeoTIFF is a public domain standard which allows georeferencing information to be embedded within a TIFF file. GeoTIFF files also includes map projection, coordinate systems and datums data to establish the exact spatial reference for the file.
AAIGrid or Arc/Info ASCII Grid is supported for read and write access, including reading of georeferencing transform and some projections. The projections support is quite limited. It is normally produced with the Arc/Info ASCIIGRID command.
Conversion Of GIS data like GeoTIFF to AAIGrid can be so easy with the help of online conversion tool like IGIS Map Converter.
Convert GeoTIFF to AAIGrid
With IGIS Map Converter GeoTIFF to AAIGrid conversion can be done in only with few clicks. This converter also supports more other vectors and rasters GIS/CAD formats. IGIS Map Converter makes it possible to transform your data to any other coordinate reference system.
Here are some of the main process in converting GeoTIFF to AAIGrid using IGIS Map Converter.
- Go to http://map.igismap.com/converter/ and just drag or upload your GeoTIFF file from your system or access the file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Once the file upload is complete, select the output file format we want to convert it into i.e. AAIGrid. and for setting up the conversion process set the Coordinate Reference System accordingly and Convert the file.
- Now we have successfully converted GeoTIFF to AAIGrid, IGIS map converter allows you to download or delete your new AAIGrid file format.
- We can publish the AAIGrid file as map to see the content in the file or to check the conversion.
- You can also search locations, add new datasets, edit layers and style the map according to your choice and requirements. As IGIS Map Converter Tool provides many benefits other then just conversion of data. This tool provides us to generate this published map in PDF or as image format.
If you face any problem during implementing this tutorial, please let us know. Feel free to comment in given comment box.
You can also check-